It’s time for a break!

Caitlin Schmitt, Writer

March 18th-26th is Great Bend High School’s spring break.. Spring break is (normally) a five school-day time frame where most schools are off of school. To some the week off of school is an excuse to catch up on sleep all week, and for others it may be an opportunity to get out of town before tackling the last quarter of school. With that being said, the most common asked question is “What are you doing for spring break?” I took to a survey and asked which of the following would be included into their spring break: Playing video games, traveling, hanging out with friends, sleeping in, studying, reading, working, and working out. Kaitlyn Moos, senior suggests for students that don’t have plans for spring break, “Take a small road trip with friends even if it’s not that far. Other towns in the area have things that Great Bend doesn’t.”

Of the 86 that filled out the form, which is approximately 10% of GBHS students..

• Playing video games: 30%
  • Traveling: 42%
  • Hanging out with friends: 62%
  • Sleeping in: 71%
  • Studying: 4%
  • Reading: 21%
  • Working: 31%
  • Working out: 51%

The second question I asked was “What would your suggestions be for the students of GBHS to get out of their house and do during spring break?” The most common answers were to hang out with your friends, get out of town, and get outside rather than staying in the house. Other recommendations include having a bonfire, going to the gym, trying a new sport, to go bowl, ride a bike, and go to the movies. Alyxius Torres, Senior said “Plan a trip with friends, play Pokemon Go, go on bike rides, explore down by the river. If you’re with the right people then the adventure will be memorable.”