Pep Assembly Kicks Off a Spirit Filled Day!

2015 Fall Homecoming Pep Assembly

Caitlin Schmitt

Friday, October 2nd, 2015 capped off a Panther spirit filled week with numerous Fall Homecoming events. What other way to talk about the upcoming activities than with a pep assembly? The first event of the morning was the presentation of the homecoming court, naming the candidates and introducing a little bit about them. Next was a segment called ‘sports talk’, which involved Mr. Mazouch and Coach Battin catching the student body up on how the fall sports are going. The  cheerleaders followed with a dance, then dance-line dance, and lastly the boys dance-line. The assembly also featured the Great Bend High School Panther Pride Band who performed the Alma Mater, the Panther Fight Song, Happy from Despicable Me, and A piece titled Malaguena, which will be featured in their fall marching show.

Other exciting things that went on include the homecoming parade which multiple Great Bend High School clubs and sports were featured, and the chili supper held by the Great Bend High School Panther Pride Band. The homecoming day was capped off with the football game against the Dodge City Demons. Although the Panthers were unable to take down the Demons, one can not deny that the spirit of the Panthers still could not be beat on this 2015 Fall Homecoming day.