America’s Got Talent…So Does GBHS!!

Berenice Ochoa, Writer

Sure, America’s got talent, but one doesn’t have to look too far to find talent in the halls of GBHS as well. Our own classmate are producing, publishing and touring.

During the summer of 2015, Abby MacKinney, Blayne Buehler, and the McGilber Bros. had made their music on iTunes and Soundcloud.

For each of them, they have their own kinds of motivations.  Those motivations include following their dream and making it big, support from family, peers, and friends, or maybe they enjoy what they love doing best, entertaining people with their voices and music talents.

“Since I was younger, I always had a passion for music…I always had people motivating me,” said Abby MacKinney, sophomore.

The McGilber Brothers went on a national tour during the summer of 2015. The tour was called the Academy of Dreamers Summer Tour. They went to Florida, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Virginia, Kansas, Missouri, and more; with about four shows in each state.

“One of the greatest experiences I ever had in my life,” said Ian McGilber, senior.

“We got to do a lot of stuff outside of playing on T.V…” said Maxwell McGilber, senior.

Blayne Buehler has his very own CD’s. “I love the whole aspect of making music, the art and culture vibe,” said Blayne Buehler, junior.

Where would you go to hear their music?

BlayneB

Blayne Buehler: (Hip Hop, and modern rap) Soundcloud and Youtube.

MaxIan

McGilber Brothers: (Indie Punk, jazz, and rap) Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud  and Youtube.

Abby

Abby MacKinney:(Christian/Gospel) iTunes, Spotify, Amazon, Google Play, and Youtube.