FBLA…State Bound!

FBLA...State Bound!

Brittani Weers, Editor/Writer

At the District FBLA Competition, fourteen of twenty-four students of Great Bend High School qualified to compete at the State Leadership Conference. Of the fourteen, eight are first time qualifiers, two went to Nationals last year, and one qualified to compete in each event she participated in at Districts. In order to get to state, FBLA members were to have worked the annual craft fair, and competed at Districts, or earned 85% of the required points for the year. Of the fourteen students that qualified, four are seniors, four are juniors, five are sophomores, and one is a freshman. Two students, Lindsey Newman and Kaitlin Adams, qualified for nationals last year, and are qualified to compete this year at the state competition. In addition to Lindsey and Kaitlin, Kaylan Lagerman, Tanya Sanchez, Wyatt Rugan, and Eric Vasquez will be returning to state. David Deleon, Allison Regehr, Alec Roberts, Johan Sanchez, Edith Solorzano, Abby Stiner, and Heaven Yager all have the opportunity to compete at the state competition for the first time this year. Allison Regehr, junior, not only qualified for state for her first time, she also qualified in every event she participated in. These students are a great example of the potential Great Bend High School students have to offer. Congratulation FBLA members on a successful year.

Allison Regehr said, “I’m nervous to see how much pressure there will be, but I’m excited at the prospect of going to Nationals!”

Wyatt Rugan said, “I’m excited to meet new people and nervous about not doing well in my event.”