Spotlight Staff: Ms. Emily Mulch

Spotlight Staff: Ms. Emily Mulch

Caitlin Schmitt

You’ve most likely been to our school library to do one of the following: Get a book for English, went as a class, went to PEP, a meeting for a sport/club, to study with a teacher… etc. If you don’t live under a rock and have done any of the above, you’ve guaranteed met the ‘library goddess’! Her name is Emily Much and she’s involved in and/or sponsors many school functions. She sponsors cheer, and pep club, she is also the representative for the Professional Development Council, and Curriculum Steering. She along with those functions is on the building leadership team, she is the district library department head, and she is the leader of the professional learning community group.

Depending on the day you go to the library, it’ll either be full with classes and students independently working, or it may empty besides a few students independently, the library aids, and Ms. Mulch herself. There’s no designated time you can/can’t go to the library, and there’s no specific guidelines as to why you’re in there, so feel free to pay a visit! If you’ve been to the library various different hours of the day you’ll notice that there’s multiple students organizing books, walking around do tasks, putting posters up, checking books in and out, etc. That would be a library aid! Ms. Mulch said her aids do everything for her. They’re very relied on so if you signed up to be an aid next year remember that! They aside from what I’ve mentioned handle overdue notices, answer the library phone, pick the winner of the trivia contest, clean, put together displays, work on art projects, and delivering!

Ms. Mulch thinks that she has the best job in the building. She loves getting to know the students, promoting great reading,having a variety of ways to contact students, having students come in and explain that they loved a book, and she loves working in a place full of books! In the library you will find all kinds of books! Her least favorite thing is when students don’t abide by the library rules (no food, drinks, overdue book, disrespect). Some examples of different genres you can find are fiction, non-fiction, comic books, manga, and children’s books.