A reunion through the eyes of an alumni

Kory Brunson and Kevin Schreiner performing at their class reunion.

Caitlin Schmitt, Editor/Writer

Saturday, September 3rd marked the return of the graduated classes from ‘91 and ‘96 to the Jack Kilby square. The plans were simple: gather graduated classmates and their children, ask a small group of the graduates to perform, provide bouncy houses for the children, raffle some prizes out, and barbeque. Kevin Schreiner, alumni from the class of ‘91, a performer at the event and an attendee allowed me an inside look at his weekend.

According to Mr. Schreiner “Jimmy Brough, alumni of the class of ‘91, and Austin Schrader, alumni of ‘96 did a great job of putting together a festival like atmosphere which is way more enjoyable than the typical stuffy dinner and dance type reunions. Three months prior to the reunion, Mr. Brough reached out to Kory Brunson, another alumni of the class of ‘91, and myself about asked if they would be interested in performing. The two were thrilled to be invited and most just to play together again after all these years”.

Mr. Kory Brunson never lost his passion for music after high school. In fact, he’s now the front man of his own band, the Kory Brunson Band. The group has performed in front of ten thousand plus people, and Mr. Schreiner strongly suggests he’s a talented songwriter. Mr. Schreiner on the other hand, was nervous because he hadn’t performed on a stage since 1998, and they only had one hour the night before their performance to practice together. Fast forward to the performance, and you would see they were still able to put together a 10 song set list.

“It was a truly amazing experience and our classmates were extremely supportive. What a great memory that I will cherish forever!” Mr. Schreiner says of the unforgettable Saturday night.