Marching Into First Place

GBHS Marching Band

Sayler Peplinski, Writer

The month of September is an extremely busy month for the Great Bend High School  marching band. The month starts out with every Wednesday and Friday the band members get up early for band practice. Elizabeth Gerdes said “We have a lot of work to do but for the most part we are getting better.” On September 5th the band participated in the Labor Day Parade, marching and playing three songs. The hard work doesn’t stop there though. After the parade, the marching band members still had to come for early practices to get ready for the State Fair on September, 14th. These two events are not the only things that the marching band will take part in this month. Last week the Great Bend marching band played in the homecoming parade. These 3 events took up a lot of time and work. Not to mention that the band still has to be ready every Friday that the panthers play home games for the football games where the band plays in the pregame and halftime show. The band has had a new change this year, welcoming a new assistant band director Mr. Regehr. After one of the many early practices the band has Mr. Regehr said “I feel really good about what we’re doing I think that most of the kids are working really hard and I’m happy to be with a good sized group.” This year’s band has a lot of potential and they could possibly take another 1 at WAC.