Pennies From NHS

Pennies From NHS

Sayler Peplinski, Reporter

Starting on March 1st, the Great Bend High School National Honor Society began their Pennies for Patients fundraiser. This year unlike previous years the money that will be raised will go to Kans for Kids. Which gives money to families who have a child that has cancer. Conor Bird ,a member of National Honor Society, said “It is a great organization because it helps families and the victims of cancer with their medical bills.” Students were able to donate their spare change during lunch at the Pennies for Patients table that was being run by the members of the National Honor Society. In the end a total of $370 was in total from both the boys and girls. The contest was a competition between girls and guys and the girls came out as the winners with a total of $203.14 raised. The boys in the end raised a total of $170.40. Even though the guys lost raising that much money for a good cause is still great for the community.Together the faculty and students if GBHS helped change someone’s life for the better even if it was in a small way. From new members to old members of National Honor Society and the students of GBHS everyone looks forward to making a positive change in the world in such an easy way. Hopefully next year the number of people who participate in this fundraiser and the amount of change donated will go up and help change someone’s life even more drastically.