GBHS Speech Team Qualifies One to National Tournament as Coach Watson is Inducted to Coach’s Hall of Fame and Kim Heath Receives Recognition as Volunteer of the Year

The Great Bend High School speech team competed at the District National Qualifying Speech Tournament held at Buhler High School this past Friday and Saturday, April 20th and 21st, Sophomore Patrick Heath qualified to the National Tournament in Informative Speaking by placing 2nd.

Mrs. Watson and Mrs. Heath at The District National Qualifying Speech Tournament

All four students competing placed in both of their events at this national qualifying speech tournament.

Sophomore – Patrick Heath was 2nd in Informative Speaking and 8th in Humorous Solo Acting.

Sophomore – Bayle Sandy was 3rd in Oration and 6th in Serious Solo Acting making her first and second alternate in those events.

Junior – Jalyn Lear was 4th in Humorous Solo Acting and 1st alternative for Nationals and 7th in Serious Solo Acting.

Junior – Geoffrey Pafford was 7th Humorous Solo Acting and 8th in Informative Speaking

Patrick Heath will compete at Nationals June 16th thru 23rd in Fort Lauderdale Florida.