Panther Tales is Your Paper

P.T. Staff

From the 1st edition of the 3rd volume of the Panther Tales, published on September 17, 1947:

YOUR PAPER

We want to impress upon all of you that the PANTHER TALES is YOUR paper.

We, as your editors, are working with our sponsor and our staff to put out the best paper possible for you, the student body of G.B.H.S.! We are endeavoring to publish a paper that will bring the most credit possible to our school and the best of student news to you.

Our policy will be to concentrate on developing a good school spirit to urge the best school activities and enterprises, to cooperate with our school authorities, to promote and encourage good sportsmanship, to serve as an outlet for student opinion, and above all, to work always for the best interest of the school and its students!

If you have and criticisms of your paper, please give them to us because only with your help and suggestions, can we build a newspaper to please you!

-Elwyn Cook, Co-Editor of the Panther Tales

Unfortunately, this pledge was already put to the test after the false reporting and publishing of facts were presented in just the 2nd edition of their paper.

In the 3rd edition of the Panther Tales, published on October 1st of that same year, the following correction was made:

FOOD CAPACITY UNDERRATED

We’re sorry there was a mistake in the past issue of Panther Tales. The new Kelvinator refrigerator in the Home Ec Department is of 9 foot capacity, not 6 foot as it was stated. Please accept our regrets of this error.

What can we take away from this? We, like the Panther Tales editors and staff from 1947, will strive to live up to the standards they posted in 1947. This is YOUR PAPER. That said, we too may incorrectly post something as important as the capacity of a refrigerator. When this happens, let us know and we will strive to make every effort to correct our unfortunate reporting errors.

We hope you enjoy your new Panther Tales and hope that you allow us to make the Panther Tales YOUR PAPER!