We cried out

Caitlin Schmitt, Writer/Editor

The morning of September 27th, the GBHS school day was kicked off with an assembly. This assembly was put on by Travis Dumond, motivational speaker, Full Circle, a band he partners with, and One Hope Ministries. The assembly consisted of Travis speaking, a few select videos, and performances by Full Circle.

Later on that evening was a gathering. This gathering involved pizza, performances, motivational speaking, (glow sticks?), and a lot of passion to make a change. Travis and Full Circle’s main goal was to gather high school’s students, sing together, and connect with the students about something they’re passionate towards, which is Jesus.

The morning following these events was an event called ‘meet me at the pole’. The purpose of meet me at the pole is for students, teachers, parents, and citizens of our area to gather around the American Flag Pole at our high school. There they hold hands around the pole and sings songs, pray, discuss recent events and share kindness, love and compassion for one another.

“I think the events are good for our school, I like the message that they’re bring and the opportunity they give our students to receive their messages. I liked the assembly because Travis and the band did a great job at connecting with the kids, and I thought the students reacted very responsibly to it,” Says Tim Friess, GBHS head principal. He goes on to add “3-5 years ago Jeremy Guthrie asked me if they could perform a concert/assembly and thought the message he wanted to convey was good and I made the decision to allow them in and it’s continued each year.”

wecryout0927cns-44