Spotlight Staff: Katie Homolka

Spotlight Staff: Katie Homolka

Caitlin Schmitt, Writer

Most students and staff at Great Bend High School know who she is. She teaches P.E., cardio, and health. She is also a coach for track and she coordinates the concessions. Some may say she’s a tough teacher, some may say she’s great. As someone that’s taken her Health class and watched her teach cardio, I can safely say that she will respect you the way you respect her, and she’ll judge you on how motivated you are.

Mrs. Homolka might sometimes come off as mean, but she has the best of intentions and the kindest heart. When asked why she pushes her students as she does she replied, “I just want the best for the kids in our school. Every single one of our students has potential. I see it in them, so I might try to push them. If they’re motivated, they’ll realize I’m trying to help and appreciate it. If they’re not motivated then they might get mad or take it the wrong way. I just want to teach them to be who they are through being fit! Life will be easier to handle if you’re fit, and you will be guaranteed to find more happiness through it.”

She just loves helping in general. “I’ll help with anything. Holler if you need any help! But warning, I’m OCD. Whatever I do it has to be perfect,” she laughed.