Another Year at State for GBHS FBLA

Sayler Peplinski, Editor

Last week the GBHS FBLA sent 17 students to Topeka KS, to compete in competition to see who would be advancing to Nationals. From Business Communications to Personal Finance FBLA members had the chance to do so well that they could move on to state. Jalyn Lear, a first year FBLA participant for GBHS, was one of the many members that attended and completed “I did well enough to be proud of myself. I know I could have done better but my performance was still more than satisfactory.” To be placed in Nationals students must first be in the top 12 of their event at districts. Then if they manage to achieve that then they are sent to Nationals. Competition is rigorous and tiring but it is all worth it if you manage to make it to Nationals which is held in Baltimore, Maryland. The only person who was able to qualify to be able to go to Nationals this year from GBHS was Lindsey Newman, a senior who has had the privilege of going to Nationals three times in her high school career, is going to Nationals and representing GBHS by competing in Personal Finance “I’m looking forward to exploring Baltimore and meeting FBLA members from across the nation!” National Competition for FBLA is June 25 through July 2. Good luck to those all participating and great job to all the people who made it to State and tried their hardest!