Prom 2019: Making some Final Memories

Sayler Peplinski, Editor

Last Saturday the GBHS Seniors and Juniors celebrated their 2019 prom in style with the theme being Phantom of the Opera. The dance started at 8 p.m. and continued on until 11 p.m. in the gym. Prom is one of the last things that all of the seniors do all together before graduation and is also something that they can look back onto for years to come. “My favorite things about prom this year were the decorations “ said Shelbie Deason. Despite what many people think a lot of planning goes into not only planning the actual dance but also getting ready for the event. The prom committee spent three day staying up late to set up for prom and to make it look amazing. There are many things to look forward to at prom. The dance itself is one thing that many students look forward to. From spending time with friends and finding out who won prom king and queen. This year’s prom king and queen winners were Kylee Sandy won Prom Queen and Hector Dominguez won prom king. “It was pretty cool honestly, for my friends to vote for me sand for me to just be a candidate but when they called and and hector’s name it was fulfilling it was fun and i enjoyed it“ said Kylee Sandy the 2019 prom queen. Another thing that people look forward to on this night is after prom where seniors and juniors win great prizes. The seniors have the opportunity to win items that they can use for college like printers, tvs, and microwaves. While juniors have the opportunity to win prizes like coupons for free food at various restaurants. Prom is something that in the future you can look back on and think of your friends and the great times that you had. This time of year is full of lasts for the seniors. Prom for example is the last dance that the class of 2019 will ever have together. This dance is one to go into the books as a fun and an exciting event and something that the seniors will remember for years to come.