Panther Jazz Band Students Headed to SWKMEA

L to R: Dalton Dicks, August Siefkes, and Sienna Cauley.

The Panther Band had three students selected to the SWKMEA (Southwest Kansas Music Educators Association) District Honor Jazz Band.  The students, all members of the Panther Jazz Band, that will attend are Dalton Dicks on Trombone, Sienna Cauley on Bass, and August Siefkes on Piano.  They will travel to Dodge City on Nov. 9th to participate in the District Honor Jazz Ensemble with students from Dodge City, Garden City, Liberal, Hugoton, Scott City, and Ulysses, representing the Southwest area of the state.  They are also eligible to audition for the KMEA All-State Jazz Band in February.   The District concert will take place on Saturday, November 9th, at Dodge City Middle School, 3:15pm.   Congratulations to  these students, as making an honor band is no easy task.

Local music fans who would like to catch the Panther Jazz Band live on stage will get a first listen at the Jazz Band’s first concert of the year on Thursday, November 7th, at 7:00pm , in the GBHS Commons.  Pop and popcorn will be served.  Director of Bands, Grant Mathews says it will be a special evening, “We will be performing some great jazz standards such as On the Sunny Side of the Street, On Green Dolphin Street, Stolen Moments, and American Patrol.  We will also give everyone a little preview of the winter sports season with some of our pep band favorites.”