The Takeaway from Tesla’s Cybertruck

The Takeaway from Teslas Cybertruck

Bayle Sandy, Reporter

In less than 48 hours since its release, Elon Musk confirmed that he had “sold” 146,000 Cybertrucks. However, this number does not represent Cybertruck actual orders, but is only for people who have made a minimum deposit of $100. Even with the technicality of the sale, it is still a lot of people who are interested in the Cybertruck — even without any advertising or paid endorsements for this new truck.

Not surprisingly, there was quite a bit of hype behind this car. From its nontraditional style, it looks like it could be seen straight out of a science fiction movie (Blade Runner to be exact). Even though it is hard to imagine this car in our own world, it will make its debut in 2021.

There are a lot of reasons why the hype of this truck was so big and made its way across social media platforms. It comes from the evolution of Elon Musk’s business, Tesla, and how he has created its marketing platform.

Even here at our high school, we have seen the popularity of Tesla. Elon Musk has made a platform where even normal, regular people believe that they can be a part of the Tesla brand. From classmates sharing cyber truck memes to discussing how they will be buying a Tesla in the future, Musk has built a brand that is notable all around.

How has Musk done this? By selling his most premium item first.

Most people would say that this is a horrible business idea, but Musk is proving them wrong. By starting off with his most stylish and expensive car, Tesla was able to get premium clients and generate a flow of cash. These clients made the Tesla brand seem luxurious and people started to see Tesla as a want. Now, with this cash flow, Musk was able to use this money to generate a car at a lower cost and affordable to the people who always thought the Tesla brand was a luxury. Now, the Tesla brand is not longer a want, but is an affordable need.

So, thinking about buying the new cybertruck? With it only being $40,000, it is no longer just a dream.