Top 10 Most Watched Netflix Shows

Kynslee White, Reporter

With Netflix being the second most popular streaming service today, there are many different options of movies and series available. Netflix currently has over 13,900 titles. I am here today to show you the current top 10 shows on Netflix.

Coming in at number 10 we have “Dark.” This show is a sci-fi drama about the aftermath of a kidnapping. The “dark” follows a character trying to pursue the truth. The story includes supernatural elements that tie back to the same town in 1986.

Next, coming in as the ninth most-watched show on Netflix we have “Ratched.” This show is a drama series that tells us the story of Mildred Ratchet. She is a nurse at a mental institution, bitter before she turns into a monster to her patients.

Coming in eighth place we have “The Crown.” This show is also a drama series that blew up when everyone was waiting for the return of the fourth season. The show is about the life of Queen Elizabeth who ascended the throne that follows the political rivalries and romance in her life along with the events that shape the second half of the 20th century.

In seventh place we have “Friends.” This show is no longer available on Netflix but it is still on the charts for the top ten shows on Netflix. Friends is a 90’s comedy show about six friends who go through life experiences together. Some of these experiences include marriage divorce, love, heartbreak, children, jobs, and many more.

Next, coming in sixth place is the show “Dark Desire.” This show is a thriller and drama genre. This show revolves around a law school professor named Alma Solares. She has a fling with someone to get back at her husband, Leonardo.

In fifth place, we have “Money Heist.” This show includes many genres including drama, thriller, crime, drama, suspense, and mystery. “Money Heist” is a Spanish heist crime series created by Alex Pina. The show traces two prepared heists led by Professor Alvaro Morte.

Coming in fourth on the charts is “Umbrella Academy.” This show falls under the genres action and drama. It is about a dysfunctional family of adopted sibling superheroes who reunite to solve the mystery of their father’s death and the threat of an impending apocalypse.

Coming in third and making the top three shows is “Lucifer.” This show falls under many genres including fantasy television, mystery, drama, police procedural, and crime. The series focuses on Lucifer, a powerful angel who was cast out of Heaven for his betrayal. As the Devil, Lucifer becomes tired of the millennia he’s spent being the Lord of Hell, punishing people.

As the second most-watched show on Netflix, we have “Emily In Paris.” This show is under the genre romantic-comedy and drama. It’s based on following Emily, a girl from Chicago, who moves to Paris for an unexpected job opportunity. She is trying to fit in but is an American, and is trying to leave a mark on the French marketing firm.

Finally, In first place, we have “The Queen’s Gambit.” This show is under the genre novel, thriller, and drama. This show is about following the life of an orphan named Beth Harmon. During her quest to become the world’s greatest chess player, she struggles with emotional problems, drug, and alcohol dependency.

These are the top 10 viewed shows on Netflix as of January 8, 2021. What are your favorite shows on Netflix?