Is it too Early to Celebrate Christmas?

Is it too Early to Celebrate Christmas?

Isaiah Smith, Reporter

The spooky season came to an end 2 weeks ago which means for a lot of people, it’s time to put up Christmas decorations and start getting into the Holiday spirit. With it being less then 2 months till Christmas away, some people may contest that it’s too early  to celebrate because Thanksgiving hasn’t arrived yet. Is it too early to celebrate Christmas?

Thanksgiving has some important significance historically and on a personal matter for several Americans. For some, it represents when the Mayflower hit Plymouth rock and met with Native Americans, having a feast for 3 days straight. For others, it’s a chance to reconnect with distant relatives and have a lively time eating turkey, watching the Football game, and enjoy each others companies.

“My favorite things about Thanksgiving is being with friends and family, baking and cooking, and eating cranberry sauce!” Junior Reagan Huslig said.

Christmas is roughly two months away and to be in the snowy, jolly,  happy, Christmas spirit is something that people want to inherit for as long as possible. It reminds some people about the birth of Jesus Christ and others it’s just a good day to have fun, open presents, bond with family, get cozy by the fire, and watch some TV

.”I enjoy the idea of getting together with family,” Sophomore Thomas Hendrickson said, “The fact that it starts getting cold and I start gaining an excuse to stay inside, and watch movies and TV. Along with that I like the (at least hopeful) snowfall and the longer nights.

“With these two holidays both serving different meanings for different people, it’s hard to determine if there is a wrong answer, but there is definitely a stronger opinion in Great Bend High School.

Great Bend High student, Alondra Alvarez said that “Christmas needs to be celebrated after thanksgiving not Halloween” she continues, “Let me enjoy the fall until after black Friday then celebrate Christmas all you want.”

Even though Christmas is a must holiday for millions of people every year, it might not be time to bring up the Christmas tree. Don’t get wrapped around just Christmas and try to enjoy Thanksgiving and black Friday! After you have that Thanksgiving dinner and bonding time with relatives or friends, then put up the decorations and get into the Christmas spirit!