One Semester left

Isaiah Smith, Reporter

Great Bend High School students are making a return back to school after a long, well needed winter break, leaving just one semester to go for this school year. For most students, they have to complete a couple of more semesters to finish high school, but for seniors, time couldn’t be going by any faster. This is the final semester of high school. Ever, Relieving several different emotions like being excited, sad, happy, nervous, tired, and so many more.

One of the big thing the future holds for most seniors is college. Jumping from high school and going straight to college is not as easy as it sounds. These future graduates have been surrounded by the same people for the past 4 years, seeing the same teachers in the halls, same people in there class, and hanging out with the same friends. Now, they are being plopped onto a new campus, with new teachers, new classmates, and a new desire to learn.

GBHS Senior Malachi Wasson tells us that the scariest part of going to college is “having to start over and start new groups all over again.” he continues, it’s “not seeing friends very often anymore.”

Another concern that seniors are worried about it is what the future has in store for them. It is a scary thought to branch off into the world, not knowing what your going to be doing. Yes, most seniors have some sort of idea of what they want to do after high school, but the daunting questions of what if  constantly looms over their head.

Senior Elysse Ellis says the hardest part about not knowing your future is “the waiting”  she said “you can’t rush the future” so you have to just wait.

When you graduate high school, everything you once knew is going to change completely. High schoolers have there whole schedule and day planned out for them , but in college, your on your own to manage time, activities, and get your homework done on time.

In high school you’ve got everything laid our right in front of you and you know what to expect,” Senior Jesse Jackson said “after high school there’s none of that.”

Even though Seniors are going to go on a whole new adventure after high school, with several new obstacles, they are going to be maturing into the person that is going to define their future. It will be tough nevertheless, but it will pay off in the end. Seniors, there is only one semester left, let’s make the best of it!