Top 6 Movies of 2021

Emma Haag, Author

If you were wondering what the top six movies of 2021 are, then you’ve come to the right place. Now, lets get right into it, here are the top six movies of 2021.

In sixth place we have Eternals, which was released on November 5, 2021. This movie is about the Eternals, a race of immortal beings with extraordinary powers who have secretly lived on Earth for thousands of years, who reunite to battle the evil deviants. The deviants and the eternals are both genetic off-shoots of races that the Celestials have experimented on. The Celestials first host experimented on early humans and created what is now known as the deviants. This movie is apart of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

In fifth place we have F9: The Fast Saga, which was released on June 25, 2021. Dom Toretto is living the quiet life off the grid with Letty and his son when a dangerous threat forces Dom to confront the sins of his past to save those he loves most.  His crew then comes together to stop a world-shattering plot by the most skilled assassin and high-performance driver they’ve encountered, Dom’s forsaken brother.

“Spider-Man No Way Home defiantly, I love Tom Holland and Zendaya.”, said Great Bend High School sophomore, Emilee Nelson.

In fourth place we have Black Widow, which was released on July 9, 2021. When a dangerous conspiracy with ties to her past arises, Natasha Romanoff, aka Black Widow,  becomes hunted by a force that will stop at nothing to bring her down. She must learn to deal with her history as a spy and the fragmented relationships left in her wake long before she became an Avenger.

In third place we have Venom: Let There Be Carnage, which was released on October 1, 2021. As Eddie Brock is still struggling to coexist with the shape-shifting extraterrestrial Venom, when deranged killer Cletus Kasady becomes host to an alien symbiote. Brock and Venom must put aside their differences to stop his reign of terror.

In second place we have, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings, released on September 3, 2021. When martial-arts master Shang-Chi is drawn into the web of the mysterious Ten Rings organization he is forced to confront a past he thought he left behind.

Alex Galindo, a sophomore at Great Bend High School, said that “Spider-Man: No Way Home” is his favorite movie out of these six.

In first place, Spider-Man: No Way Home, released on December 17, 2021. When Spider-Man’s identity is revealed, he is no longer able to separate his normal life as Peter Parker from the high stakes of being a superhero. When he asks Doct0r Strange for help the stakes become even more dangerous forcing him to deal with  the reality of being Spider-Man.

Thank you for coming and reading my story. I hope that you enjoyed learning what songs movies were the greatest if 2021.