Greatest Christmas Movies of All Time

Emma Haag, Author

Tis the season of Christmas, and what better to do than sit around and watch Christmas movies? So, I am here to tell you what the best Christmas movies are. Lets get started.

One of my favorite Christmas traditions is to sit on the couch and cuddle with my family while watching Christmas movies. My favorite Christmas movie is How The Grinch Stole Christmas because the actor who plays the Grinch is hilarious.

“My favorite Christmas movie would have to be The Grinch because it’s a funny and entertaining movie.” said Great Bend High School sophomore Adelyn Irwin.

White Christmas  1954- Singers Bob Wallace and Phil Davis join sister act Betty and Judy Haynes to perform a Christmas show in rural Vermont. One they arrive, they run into Gen Waverly, the boys’ commander in World War II. Once they learn that Gen is having financial difficulties and is about to lose his country inn, they decide to plan a yuletide miracle: a fun-filled musical extravaganza that’s sure to put Waverly and his business in the black!

Home Alone 1990- When 8-year old Kevin McCallister (Macaulay Culkin) acts out the night before the family Christmas trip to Paris, his mother (Catherine O’Hara) makes him sleep in the attic. After the McCallister’s mistakenly leave for the airport without Kevin, he awakens to an empty house and assumes his wish to have no family has come true. Kevin’s excitement soon sours when he realizes that 2 con men are planning to rob the residence, and that he alone must protect the family home.

The Santa Clause 1994- Divorced dad Scott (Tim Allen) has custody of his son on Christmas Eve. After he accidentally kills a man in a Santa suit, they are magically transported to the North Pole, where an elf explains that Scott must take Santa’s place before the next Christmas arrives. Scott thinks he is dreaming, but over the next couple of months he inexplicably starts to gain weight and a white beard. Scott starts to think that maybe that night at the North Pole wasn’t just a dream- and he has a lot of work to do before the Christmas season begins.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey) 2000– This live action rendition of the popular animated movie ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’ stars Jim Carrey as the Grinch. In this movie, the reclusive Grinch decides that he wants to ruin Christmas for the merry citizens of Whoville. Joined by his hapless dog Max, the Grinch comes down from his mountaintop home and creeps into Whoville to take all of holiday-inspired things from the Whos. Nonetheless, the bitter grump discovers a hitch in his plan when he encounters Cindy Lou Who (Taylor Momsen).

“My favorite Christmas movie is The Grinch. It is my favorite Christmas movie because it is fun to watch and funny.” said Great Bend High School freshman Slade Cauley.

So there you have it. There are some of the best Christmas movies of all time.