Most Anticipated Movies of 2023

Emma Haag, Author

Hello everyone. I am here to tell you about some of the most anticipated movies that will be coming out this year. I am super excited to go see some of these and I hope you are excited as well.

Ant-man and The Wasp: Quantumania (Feb. 17)- Not much has been released about this movie yet but there are a few theories out there. All we know so far is that Ant-man will face off against Kang the Conqueror. During the five years that Scott Lang was trapped in the quantum realm, his daughter grew up. Cassie Lang is now a teenager, and in the comics she becomes Stature. So, will MARVEL lean into the Young Avengers? We’ll just have to wait and see. Scott Lang and Hope van Dyne, along Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne and Lang’s daughter Cassie, go on a new adventure exploring the Quantum Realm that pits them against Kang the Conqueror.

Scream 6 (Mar. 10)- There is not a ton out about this movie yet, but we do know that 4 survivors of the original Ghostface killings attempt leave Woodsboro behind for a fresh start.

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (April 7)- I’m sure that we have all at some point played “Super Mario Bros”, so we all know what the plot is. A plumber named Mario will travel through an underground labyrinth with his brother, Luigi, to try to save a captured princess.

“The Mario movie because it looks really good and I am a big fan of the games.” said Anderson Luttrell, a Great Bend high school sophomore.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (May 5)- Even though Peter Quill  is still reeling from the loss of Gamora, he must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own.

Ailey Williams, a Great Bend high school sophomore, said “Probably Guardians of the Galaxy  Vol. 3 or Spider-Man because they are both funny series and action packed adventures, no stops to look away from the movie for a moment.”

Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse (June 2)- After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is hurled through the Multiverse, where he meets a team of Spider-people charged with protecting its very existence. When the hero’s clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other spiders. He must redefine what is means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.

The Marvels (July 28)- This movie will feature Brie Larson returning to the role of Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers. She will also be joined by Teyonha Parris, who first showed up as adult Monica Rambeua in WandaVision, along with Iman Vellani, who will appear as Ms. Marvel in the upcoming Disney+ series.