The Kayette Board of 2018-19

The Kayette Board of 2018-19

Sayler Peplinski, Editor

The applications are out and the opportunity to become a part of the Great Bend High School Kayette Board has begun. As many people know, the GBHS Kayette chapter is the largest in the state with over 250 members. To help with organizing the events that the Kayettes participate in, there is a board made up of a few students from each class that keep things organized. Being on the Kayette board is not just all business though, it can give you leadership experience and it can help you make new friends and meet new people. Molly Kaiser, Mr. Perfect Panther MC, said “students should apply to board because it is a great way to make a difference at this school. You get to be a part of so much, you might just think of Hollyball as something Kayette’s do, but we do so much more and with help, everyone’s job on the board can be done more efficiently and will produce the best outcome possible.” Like Molly, said many people just see Kayettes as a way to be able to attend Hollyball, but to the board members and to the people who truly know what Kayettes is about and how much they help the community, it is so much more. Alyssa Keller, Co-Head Chair for Mr. Perfect Panther, said that “Students should apply for Kayette Board because it’s a fun way to get to be with an expanded variety of people and it gives you the opportunity to help out a lot within the community.” With board members like these for next year and all of the new members the Kayette board is really looking up.