Hollyball 2018

Hollyball+2018

Sayler Peplinski, Editor

Around school you can hear last minute plans being made this week that students look forward to every winter. Kayette board members started setting up the decorations and hanging the gossamer on the walls for Hollyball on Monday. The head chairs and committee have been working on Hollyball for months. They have been organizing where everything will go and what decorations there will be. They have also spent many advisory periods and weekends cutting up snowflakes for some decoration as well. Snow flakes were not the only things that took a long time to prepare for Hollyball Taylor Lindberg a board member of Kayettes said “It took a total of 5 days to set it up which came to about 18 hours total. Friday was the longest day. I ended up helping with the walls which took about 3 days to complete with only a couple of us. It probably was one of the longer things to set up.” Many girls only join Kayettes to attend Hollyball which is why Hollyball is one of the most well attended event for the students. There are over 200 Kayettes in Great Bend High School which makes many attendees for holly ball which is why Hollyball, like last year, has been moved to the expo center by the airport, Molly Kaiser a senior board member of Kayettes said “I like it because we can set up the whole week before rather than the night before the event. Also it’s easier for tear down and we have more space to move.” Hollyball set up in the past year has lasted until 3 o’clock in the morning the night before Hollyball. The goal for this year for all of the Kayettes board members is to get set up done as soon as possible. The Kayette sponsor Maria Sanchez is continuing the tradition that she started with prom last year by not allowing anyone to release any pictures of setup or of any decorations so no one will know until they get there where all of the Kayette board members hard work has been going to. No matter how the decorations look students always seem to have fun at Hollyball.