Girls Basketball Going for the Win

Girls Basketball Going for the Win

Sayler Peplinski, Editor

This Friday the Lady Panthers basketball team will travel to Garden City to hopefully bring back a win for GBHS. While this has not been the best season for the girls basketball team the lady panthers have not stopped trying their best and having fun. “The team gets ready by trying to loosen up and have fun. We tend to do better when we do that so when we’re having fun, you can really see it.“ said Kaylee Unruh one of the seniors on the girls basketball team. Practicing for hours every week, even when things are looking bleak, the lady panthers never stop trying their best. This can be seen in all of the games that they have played so far this season and also in previous seasons. With this season coming to an end each girl on the team manages to still leave everything that they got on the court to try and bring home a win for GBHS or for some to leave high school proud of themselves and their team. Even though this year has not been the best next year is looking up. “I think the team will improve a lot next year because there will be lots of returning varsity players who have had lots of experience. I’m excited to come back and watch them!” said Alyssa Keller another senior on the girls basketball team. With hard working ladies like these and with all the new young talent on the team beating Garden City sounds like a reachable goal for the Lady Panthers.