Farewell, Great Bend High School

Rossiel Reyes, Reporter

I started out high school confused with what I wanted to do and excited for what was to come. I remember hearing teachers and upperclassmen saying that high school would fly by, but I never listened to them. Now, as I count down the days towards graduation, I realize that what they had told me was absolutely right. High school was the one of the best experiences of my life and although I’m going to miss it, I can’t wait to leave.

Being involved in so many activities is what made me have some of the best moments of my life. Through FBLA, I was able to travel to California and go to places I wouldn’t have been able to afford. During my time in Kayettes, I went to KAY camp and made some great friends. As an A Capella choir member, I traveled to Washington D.C. and explored the city along with my classmates. My point is, that if you really want to have fun during high school, you have to get involved and really make the most out of it.

Today, I’m planning my trip to Boston, Massachusetts so that I can move into my future home of four years, Tufts University. While I’m there, I will be majoring in International Relations with a minor in German or Japanese. I hope to explore Boston and travel to the nearby cities. I can’t wait to move out there to start my new life, but I also know that Great Bend, KS will always be my home.

I will truly miss the 8th hour Panther tales staff (including Kaitlyn Moos & Andy Negaard) and wish my Junior friend, Sayler Peplinski, success in her future endeavors, my two senior friends, Kaitlyn and Edith, luck in college, and my teacher and adviser, Andy Negaard, strength for the classes to come (AKA my sister’s class).