The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Alien Corpses in Mexico City

Alien Corpses in Mexico City

Aliens. Whether they come from the mouth of a man of questionable sanity on the History Channel, or a close relative, these E.T’s have always been on the minds of people since the dawn of creation. And most recently, they’ve been popping up in the labs of prominent scientists in Mexico City. Two mummified specimens of extra-terrestrial origin were claimed to have been found in the algae mines of Cusco, Peru, and revealed during a congressional meeting in Mexico’s capital by one Jaime Maussan. This ‘ufologist’ said, under oath, that at least a third of the so-called alien remains were unknown in origin.

Laurel Haley, one of Great Bend High Schools art teachers, had some thoughts on what she’d do in an alien invasion. In a peaceful alien invasion, she said “…(I’d) be interested. I’d probably be one of the people wanting to see them.” And in a hostile scenario, “Same answer,” she said. 

Maussan said during the congressional meeting, “These are nonhuman beings who are not part of our terrestrial origin.” He displayed the remains during a congressional meeting on September 12th in Mexico City. “It’s the queen of all evidence,” he went on to say. “That is, if the DNA is showing us that they are non-human beings…” He further claimed that scientists at the Institute of Physics of the National Autonomous University of Mexico–or LEMA–conducted a test on the corpses that supported his claims. 

Joshua Ketch, a senior at Great Bend High School, when asked if he believed aliens existed, said “..the universe is always expanding, and it’s literally impossible out of all the galaxies that we are the only planet with life.” He continued to say that he first heard of these alien corpses being revealed recently from TikTok.

However, no more than a day after the congressional meeting, LEMA re-published a previous statement from September of 2017, when a similar alien body was found. The statement reads, translated from Spanish and into English, that, “…The carbon 14 dating work carried out at LEMA is only intended to determine the age of the sample brought by each user and in no case do we make conclusions about the origin of said samples.”  

Furthermore, a researcher who works at LEMA herself gave a comment. One Julietta Fierro said that many details about the bodies “made no sense.” She continued, saying, “Maussan has done many things. He says he has talked to the Virgin of Guadalupe.” She said, when asked about the self-proclaimed ufologist. “He told me that extraterrestrials do not talk to me like they talk to him because I don’t believe in them.”

More interestingly was the body that LEMA had carbon-dated all the way back in 2017. These corpses also originated in Peru, however these were said to originate near the Nazca Lines–which are lines carved into the ground not too-dissimilar to crop circles often found in America–instead of algae mines. In a video published by Gaia, Inc, they documented the discovery of the bodies, and the possible history of alien life on Earth. However, not all was as it seemed, and soon independents came and investigated their claims. 

“Yeah, and they were revealed to be fake.” Joshua Ketch continued. “They kinda just looked like a very old mummified corpse.” Which- to be fair, these bodies were claimed to be old remnants of alien life on Earth far long ago. So if the claims were true- they’d most likely look like mummified corpses. 

Later, in a report by the country’s prosecutor’s office, the bodies were found to be “recently manufactured dolls, which have been covered in a mixture of paper and synthetic glue to simulate the presence of skin.” Even more interesting, is that Maussan was a prominent figure behind this ‘discovery’ as well, having thoroughly been involved behind the scenes and being a prominent figure in the video itself. Which is rather interesting considering recent events. 

Overall, whether Maussan is a con-artist with strong-connections, or a believer in all-things extra-terrestrial with the will to attach to any thread relating to possible E.T. ‘s is conjecture. As of now, he’s 0-2, and from how the world of alien sightings have been going recently, we’re probably not to see that score change any time soon.