The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Animal Medical Center
Advertise Here

Trail of Lights

Entrance to Trail of Lights at Brit Spaugh Park & Zoo

Every year at Great Bend’s Brit Spaugh Park and Veterans Memorial Park, the City of Great Bend sets up a large series of Christmas lights for anyone and everyone to come enjoy the Christmas season. The Trail of Lights starts at Brit Spaugh park, then to Veterans Memorial Park for the Twelve Days of Christmas.

Sophomore Alissa Richardson said, “I go around and look at all the lights. They’re very pretty.” 

Senior Liam Proffitt said, “I come to see the lights every year.” Proffitt and Richardson also said the lights bring their family and friends together and that they enjoy the lights a lot. 

Richardson said, “Coming to see them gives us something to do and time to spend together.”

If given a choice to add more or less lights, Richardson and Proffitt both said they would add more. Richardson stated, “I would add a big giant light up sunflower because it would be really pretty.”

Richardson stated, “I really enjoy the lights.” Like most people, Richardson gathers with her friends and strolls around the parks watching and enjoying the fascinating sight of the Trail of Lights. 

Although the Christmas lights are pretty much the same every year, people still come and see them without hesitation.