The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

PROM 2023-2024 Year

PROM 2023-2024 Year

Prom is something special for every junior and senior. Every junior and senior has something to look forward to at prom. Making memories, spending time with friends. For girls, they get to get all dolled up, put on a fancy dress, get their hair, makeup and nails done. They get to go take pictures and look gorgeous. It’s a memorable night for everyone. But behind the scenes things get stressful. Making appointments to get their hair done, picking out the dress, finding the right date, finding the perfect dress and corshases, and not to mention the set up of prom and after prom. 

For these lovely ladies Jaylnn Rule, Ally howard, Majestic Maher, Abygail Arnold, and Taigen Huff, finding the perfect dress and planning out the perfect day looked a lot like, trying on a few dresses and finding the one that best fit their body type.

Arnold and Huff, who are spending the day getting ready together, planned out their day to look like “Starbucks, sleeping some more, getting ready with all my friends, and then boogying it down.” 

Mrs. Emily Young and Mrs. Shelly Duvall, spent a lot of time setting up the prom this year. Deciding the theme, planning decorations, putting together an after prom, and making the night of prom the most memorable it can be. 

Young states “Planning for Prom starts in the fall semester with deciding on a theme and doing fundraisers to pay for the DJ and decorations. Throughout the school year items are purchased to be ready for the event. The Prom Committee picks three themes and these are sent out to the student body (Juniors and Seniors) to vote on their favorite one. The Thursday before Prom the Prom committee starts draping the gym and then decorating starts on Friday and goes until everything is ready to go on Saturday.” 

You can buy your tickets for prom now, seniors don’t worry about paying for a ticket you get in for free! But Juniors and out of town dates, single admission costs $35.00 and couple tickets cost $55.00. Go get your tickets now so you can have your night under the stars. Promenade will be starting at 7:30pm, on the east side of the stadium! Invite your family and friends to come see you before prom. Prom itself will start at 8:30pm in GBHS! But ladies and gents that’s not where the night will end. Our school has set up an after prom for us! Below is the after prom email sent out by Duvall,

The Great Bend High School 2024 After Prom Party is almost here!  This is an exclusive party planned only for GBHS seniors and juniors AND their school-approved prom dates. You do not have to attend Prom, to attend After Prom. 

You can expect a fun evening of bowling, arcade games, pool, yard games, music, prizes, PLUS MORE! Students must be present to win raffle prizes (only GBHS junior and senior students are eligible to win).  Food and drinks will also be provided (please do not bring any outside food or drink into the bowling alley). Check out our Facebook, SnapChat or Instagram pages for important updates!

Where: Walnut Bowl

When: April 13th from 11:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m.

Cost: FREE 

Additional Considerations:

1. You may enter beginning at 11:30 p.m., however all After Prom associated activities will not start until midnight.
  2. No students attending after prom will be allowed entrance after 12:15 a.m. 
  3. If you are wanting to change out of your Prom attire, please make arrangements to do so prior to coming to After Prom.  Be organized…….you don’t want to miss out! 
  4. All students attending ARE REQUIRED to have their school I.D to enter or be able to show proof of school ID (cell phone is okay to use).  Approved Prom guests, that are not students of GBHS, are required to provide a photo I.D. for entry (i.e. current school I.D., Driver’s License, etc).
  5. Once you leave After Prom, you will NOT be allowed to re-enter. 

ls

1. If any student is suspected to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol they will be asked to leave the premises and local law enforcement will enforce this. All students must adhere to the same guidelines and expectations, that of the USD 428 Handbook.  
  2. Great Bend After Prom event organizers, sponsors, volunteer workers and all chaperones will not be held liable for any damages or physical harm incurred during the event….make good choices!

Thank you,

GBHS After Prom Committee

Here are the links to get your after prom T-shirt and your prom tickets: 

https://gbhsafterprom24.itemorder.com/shop/home/ 

https://gofan.co/event/1447271?schoolId=KS25138