The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Advertise Here

GBHS’s Unified Bowling Team Placed 9th in Topeka!

Great Bend High Schools Unified Bowling Team

Great Bend High School’s Unified Bowling team placed 9th at state in Topeka on November 14th, 2023. 

This was their first year with the unified bowling program and they had two athletes, Saul Mendez and Keaton Wahlmeier and a few partners, Zoey Mayberry, Quinten Miller, and Rionna Rodriguez. 

They bowled four matches this year before they went to regional and state.The team reached success during their matches winning the first two taking 7th and 5th in the other 2.

At the alley, In Hutchinson, to bowl for regionals they bowled a great set with 751 taking 5th place for them to make it to state. 

Coach David Feldbauer said, “When we headed to state we knew it was going to be hard to win but we started out great with our highest game of the year with 163 and we finished the day with our highest set of the year which was 765 taking 9th at state.We had a great first year and I can’t wait to see how we do next year.”  

Senior Rionna Rodriguez said, “It felt great to get 9th and I was proud of my team and I liked all of the people that were bowling this year and even though I didn’t bowl at regionals, I was still proud of the team.I have been bowling for three years.”