The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

BaseBall Season Here Again!

Baseball season is here for the Panthers which means new goals for the team. New goals for the players. And many many games! As we are taking a look at the teams and their hopes for the new season, we have to remember that for some of these athletes, it might be the last season they play. Whether they are going off to college and leaving baseball behind, or they are just deciding to not play baseball anymore. Although we all hope that is not the decision for some of these players we have to be mindful of their decision.

Going into the season you have to think about your statistics (stats). And throughout the season you have to think about how you can improve your stats and how you can work through all of it. 

JJ Grove, a sophomore with a batting average of .388  stated, “Of course. I would love to improve my stats. There is always room to improve.”

Carson Poe, a junior with a batting average of .200 stated, “I would very much like to improve my stats.”

Kaito Richter, a freshman with a batting average of 3.33 and a fielding average of 9.15, stated, “Yes I hope to work over the next few seasons and have better stats.” 

As a team, the Panthers have many goals. As individual players they also have many goals For example, 

“I hope to win as much as possible this season,” Richter stated.

“Hopefully a winning record, and go to state,” Eli Soupiset, a junior stated. 

Deciding if you want to play next season has to be the hardest decision because you have to take into consideration how busy you’ll be, how your mental health has been, and if you even enjoy the sport. For all of these boys the answer was yes. So luckily this won’t be the last we’re seeing of them. 

The baseball season isn’t over quite yet so don’t miss out on the opportunity to see these boys play and hopefully get a chance to see them head to state.