The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Treats Around the Track!

Elsasildai Lopez
2022 Treats Around the Track

Saturday October 28th from 4-7pm, Great Bend High Schools Kayettes Club and Drama Club will be having treats around the track.  This event is a Halloween Community get-together where families and friends can join together, come to the track and have fun by playing some fair games and win some prizes.  This is a time where you can spend time with your families and friends. 

This event will be put on by the GBHS Drama Club.  There is a haunted hallway that Drama Club will be hosting. This year, there will be a bounce house that the Kayette Members are hosting, but the rest of the track is used up by Businesses, Clubs and Great Bend City Workers. 

Senior Matti Stoskopf explains that she does enjoy helping out with this event. Halloween being one of her favorite holidays, she says, “it’s fun to be able to put on an event like this or at least help with it.” 

She also says, “My favorite part of treats at the track is probably the set up because it’s this big build up to be able to put on an almost performance for the kids in the area and give them a night to look forward to.” 

She explains her overall opinion and says, “I think it’s really fun, I think that everyone should come and I think it’s just a fun night to get together with friends or family and goof off and have a good Halloween.”  

They have been doing the Treats at the Track event for three years now and every year they have Drama Club Members as their host.  Kayette Members will be helping out with all of the different activities. 

Kayettes Club began on October 13th 1945, after years of discussion the Legislative Council passed a resolution to character-building and leadership-training. On June 7th 1946, Wanda May Vinson was employed by the Board of Control.  The Kansas Association for Youth continues to grow and develop.