The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Senior Assassin

Rylee Prilling eliminated Eliana Beckham

Senior Assassin is a game played by 48 seniors of GBHS. The entry fee is $5. The goal in Senior Assassin is to “kill” the person that’s assigned to you before you get killed by the person assigned to you with a water gun. 

They use the “Splashin” app that randomizes targets, has a map to see location, and counts down each round. This year’s Senior Assassin group is off to round 4 today and each round takes about 4-5 days each.

Senior Sidney Gilkison said, “I am thinking this is gonna go 8-10 rounds considering we are on round 4 already.”

Senior assassin Mersadie Spray explained, “There are safe objects and times. The safe objects are floaties and/or goggles, so if you are wearing one of those things when someone tries to kill you, you’re safe. The safe times are during school, on all school properties, practice, games, and other school activities. You have to get parent permission to enter your target’s house. There are randomized times each day where floaties and goggles are not allowed, so people can go hunt for their target.”

“I think having the revive packs to help some get back in the game gives a sense of competitiveness in it with racing to find them and get them,” Gilkison stated.

Spray continued, “There are also purges, but we’ve only had one so far. That basically means that the safe objects cannot be used, and anyone can get anyone – it doesn’t have to be your target.”

Gilkison said, “The best moment so far was when there was a line of five cars just chasing after each other and trying to get to each other.”

Any time you kill someone, you have to video and post it on the app which posts to instagram! The Senior Assassins will play until graduation day. The winner gets all the money from the entry fees, which adds up to $240

“If I win I will most likely just save it to go towards college or buy something with it,” Gilkison said.

They’ve had lots of funny fails and betrayals, you can see them all on instagram – @gbhs.seniorassassin.