The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Animal Medical Center

Music Classes At GBHS

The Arts, more commonly known as art, choir, band, theater, photography, and journalism. And though they all matter dearly, what exactly does the choir do? Because it is rare that people see choir as a sort of art class. At our school within our choir department you have 4 music classes you can take. You can take Magicals which you have to take acapella as well. You can take freshman choir that is the first class you take before actually taking acapella and magicals. And lastly there is Advanced Musicianship. Which is where you can learn how to play Piano or Guitar even. 

There are many classes within the choir department being offered.

Rylee Heine a sophomore stated “Advanced Musicianship”

“I am in acapella, magicals, and advanced musicianship.” Ethan Dietrich a sophomore says

What have been people’s favorite things to learn in the music classes? Because honestly learning is what’s important right? 

Kai Barr, a junior, said “I was very happy to learn about the different notes and things like that”

“I’ve loved learning how to dance not only by myself but also with a partner.” Tegan Mason a senior stated

What is your favorite music genre? What are the kinds of songs you like to blast in your car and scream with all your friends? For these students its, 

Barr said, “Rap.”

Heine stated “Black Metal”

What has been their favorite part of the class? Has it been making friends? Learning new things? Or has it been the overall experience. 

Barr said “The variety show practices have to be my favorite part of these classes.”

“Making new friends that I can hang out with. And how laid back and easy it is” Dietrich says

“Getting to connect with people not my age or grade.” Mason stated

Overall choir is one of the many important classes in High School. People need the arts for many reasons. To give them the happiness that other classes may lack. To give them that sense of accomplishment. The pure excitement that the arts give them. Yes in school you need structure but you also need some of the fun. The things that make people question almost everything.