The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Summer Activities for the Community

Summer Activities for the Community

This summer there will be many events coming up that you and your families can participate in.

One of the events that is taking place this summer is June Jaunt.During June Jaunt your family can go and watch a parade put on by the town of Great Bend and see many different events that take place at the Courthouse. 

Sophomore Yarlene Granados said, “I have not attended a june jaunt or a party in the park so I don’t have a favorite, but I do think reading about them would interest me in going because then I know what will happen at the event. I do not have a favorite summer event.” 

This year the event will be on May 31st, 2024 and it will start at 5:30pm, they will travel from Brit Spaugh Park, down Main St, and all the way up to 12th Street. At this parade, you will sit and watch lots of floats go past showing off their businesses, clubs, organizations, and many more. 

Sophomore Trevin Maciel said, “I have been to both events. My favorite part about June Jaunt was getting to play with my band. My favorite part about party in the park was meeting new people and my favorite summer event is concerts because moshing is fun.” 

Another event that will be taking place towards the end of summer break will be Party in the Park. This event happens every year in August and will take place at Veterans Memorial Park and the ball field. 

At this event, there is mud volleyball, bounce houses, a snow cone stand, car show, eating contests, and more. 

This event brings families together to walk around and spend time by joining in on the events like playing games or playing mud volleyball. Towards the end of the night, when it starts cooling down there will be a concert across the way at the ball field. 

They will invite a guest singer to come and perform for the town and at the end of their performance the fire department will be hosting a big firework show to celebrate the last week of summer. Approximately 5,000 people come to this event every year and fill the park and ball field. 

Overall, both of these events are a good way to get out of your house and go spend some time with your families or maybe even some friends and have fun.

To find more information and dates about this event keep a lookout for them on these websites https://www.gbtribune.com/ 

https://www.gbtribune.com/news/local-news/local-news/june-jaunt-kick-parade-great-bend-through-time/