Soda you want to be my Valentine

Soda you want to be my Valentine

Sayler Peplinski, Reporter

Soda you want to be my Valentine is something that is becoming a tradition at GBHS. Student shave the opportunity to buy a one dollar soda to send to themselves or to one of their friends. Then on Valentines Day or on this case the 13th of February the sodas are delivered. This year the distribution of sodas did not just end with the students of GBHS. Sodas were also sent out to every faculty member in the high school. The choices of sodas that were able to be bought were grape, orange, and berry. Each soda had a different personalized message that people could put on them as well, and each soda had a different meaning. For instance orange meant orange you glad that you’re my friend, berry meant I love you berry much, and grape meant you’re a grape friend. The purpose of this was so that everyone can feel special on Valentines day and to also allow people to show how much they appreciate others so in the end a total of 1,500 sodas were given out. Many students look forward to this celebration and hope that the tradition will continue for years to come. Whatever the event next year will be it is highly appreciated that the Great Bend High School FBLA members spread joy across the school.