The GBHS 2018 Halftime Show

Sayler Peplinski, Editor

Last Wednesday the GBHS Marching Band and Drumline went to the State Fair to be rated on this year’s halftime show with the theme of John Williams Songs. Practicing since early August for the band, and early July for the Drumline, shows how much dedication they have to be as great as they can be. The rating that the band and Drumline received was a 1, which if you are not aware is the best that a band can get. Getting this rating has shown many members that all of their hard work is worth it. Audrey Muth senior and Drum Major for the Marching band said “The band dedicates two weeks of their summer to band camp. We also have morning practices at 7 am every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday; along with the rehearsals in class. Our end goal is to get a one at WAC and show Great Bend what we can do. Every band student pushes themselves to perform at the best of their abilities each and everyday in hopes to reach the end goal!” Based on the shown last year the question is asked will the band be as great this year as it was last year? Remi Ingram said “The halftime show this year is definitely more advanced than it has been in the past. I think because of that it will bring more attention from the crowd. It seems like it’s going to end up to be a very good looking.” The Great Bend High School Marching Band is really bringing it this year. With all of this hard work it will make achieving a 1 in competition even more rewarding.