The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Thanksgiving Traditions

Thanksgiving+Traditions

How do you celebrate Thanksgiving? Just like Christmas, people celebrate in many different ways through traditions. The way most people celebrate Thanksgiving is they have a big feast with foods including: turkey, ham, stuffing, candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and a variety of flavors of pies. 

Sophomore, Sariah Cox said, “We eat stuffing, ham, etc.,” Cox said her favorite Thanksgiving food is “stuffing and cherry pie.”

“Behind mashed potatoes, stuffing is ranked the number two most popular Thanksgiving side in the U.S.,” said a Southern Living Magazine. A Real Simple Magazine said, “Demand for the fruit-filled pie rose 111% ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday in 2021, which helped catapult it to the fifth spot.”

Freshman, Kayden Detrich said for Thanksgiving, “We all meet up and have a big feast.”

In addition, they go to Texas and ride horses. Detrich said his favorite food from Thanksgiving is turkey and they always break the wishbone.

The Britannica website, states Thanksgiving is an annual holiday celebrating harvest and other blessings of the past year. 

“Americans generally believe that their Thanksgiving is modeled on a 1621 harvest feast shared by the English colonists (Pilgrims) of Plymouth and the Wampanoag people.” Britannica said.

Thanksgiving is a time to come together with family and feast on loads of food. Most commonly, to celebrate what you are grateful for. What are you grateful for?