The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Music Tastes of GBHS

Music Tastes of GBHS

There are many different music genres, some examples being pop, rock, jazz, country, and so many more. All of the students here at Great Bend High School listen to all kinds of completely different genres. What kind of music do you listen to?

Sophomore Ellie Damm stated that their favorite genre is early 2000’s alternative music. Examples of music from this genre would be “American Idiot” by Green Day or “Misery Business” by Paramore. Damm’s top artists on their 2023 Spotify wrapped were Pierce the Veil and Taylor Swift. They then claimed, “I kinda want to get more into 80’s dad rock.”

Sophomore Rylee Heine’s favorite genre is black metal. Heine’s top artist in their Spotify wrapped was Gun’s and Roses and her current favorite music artist is a band called Alice in Chains. Heine said that there are not really any other music genres that she would like to start listening to. 

Freshman Camryn Moos said that her favorite genre is country. Moos’ favorite music artist currently is Chris Stapleton and she stated that if she would start listening to another genre of music it would be pop.

Junior Abygail Arnold stated that her favorite music genre is rap/hip-hop. Her favorite artist currently is Drake and there are not any other genres that she would like to start listening to.

As you can tell there are many different music tastes in our high school throughout different grades. The favorites of the students range from metal all the way to country and rap. The uniqueness of the students and all of their different music tastes is quite astonishing to see. Keep being unique panthers, don’t let anyone’s opinions change anything about yourself, whether this is your taste in music or the way you dress.