The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Senior Year Traditions

Senior Year is rolling up for the class of 2025! Which means all of the senior activities are coming up: Senior sunrise, senior parking spots, senior take over, senior skip day, and tons more. Senior parking spots are something almost every upcoming senior looks forward to. The process of getting a senior parking spot looks alot like checking to make sure you meet all the requirements, which consist of minimum of 3.0 gpa, $20 pay to claim the spot, they must have a car,  and five unexcused absences result in spot revoked (yearly). Then, you go get your spot and start sketching out your design. Next, you submit your design-May 7th is the deadline for sketches by the way-. Finally, you go paint your parking spot! 

Diana Piedra, a Junior at GBHS, stated, “I ended up waking up at 4:30 to get my spot. I really wanted that spot.” Piedra is going to put her name in a pretty gold font with a blue background with stars around it because she loves stars. She believes the parking spots will benefit her because “when I’m late I know I’ll still have a parking spot.” Piedra states, “I believe that the GPA requirements are fair, I mean if they go too low nobody will be able to get a parking spot.” 

Jasmine Figueroa, a Junior at GBHS stated, “I woke up at 4:45 in the morning to get my spot.” Figueroa thinks that her parking spot is going to be an olive green background with the words “Crea Una Vida Que Ames” which is “create a life you love” in English. She feels that the senior parking spot is going to benefit her because she will be able to enjoy her senior year a little bit more. “Yes, I believe that the GPA requirements are fair.” Figueroa states.

Cailyn Murphy, a Junior at GBHS stated, “I woke up at 7am to get my parking spot this year.” Murphy’s design is going to be a Taylor Swift lyric “forever is the sweetest con” which is from the song “Cowboy Like Me”, she hopes to also have the beauty and the beast rose with petals falling off in her design. Like many of her fellow classmates, Murphy feels the parking spots will benefit her because “I can show up late and not have to worry about if I have a parking spot or not.” Murphy feels that the GPA requirements are fair. 

Michael Montoyo, a Junior at GBHS stated, “I woke up at 7:30” Montoyo stated that he didn’t know what his design was going to be. Montoyo states “I can get to school later and not worry about parking.” He believes that the GPA requirements are fair. 

Carson Umphres, a Junior at GBHS stated, “I woke up at like 5:30” Umphres doesn’t know what his design is going to be for his senior parking spot. He believes that his parking spot will benefit him because he can show up a little later and not be late to class. “Yea I feel they are fair if anything they should be higher.” 

Anderson Luttrell, a Junior at GBHS stated, “The same time I always do.” He doesn’t know for sure what his design is but he knows he wants it to be themed with his favorite band AJR. He feels the parking spots will benefit him because “it can make sure none of the track kids can park in my spot so I know I will always have a spot over there and it lets me express my creative abilities.” Luttrell believes that the GPA requirements are fair. However, he states that if they have tried everything in their power to try and get their GPA up and they can’t, that it is unfair to them and they should be allowed to have a parking spot.