The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Community Service

Community+Service

How can people help out with community service? Many people go around their community and they help people like the homeless or just people in need by giving them money or going and picking up trash around the town. 

There are also people that will offer to cook lots of food and let people that are without, come and enjoy a hot, fresh meal and let them leave with fresh food to eat later on so they don’t go hungry. 

Community service isn’t just about giving food and shelter to people, it is also about volunteering to help people with things like offering hanging lights on someone with an event or cleaning up the town. 

Most people would say that community service is random acts of kindness that respectful and kind hearted people do.

Some of the population that helps with community services are sometimes people that never had help and want to help others that are in need. 

Learning Strategies Teacher Jared Bashor said, “Community Service could be a good thing. It not only gives youth something to do with their time, but it can open up some opportunities for them in the community. If they volunteer for businesses it helps get their foot in the door and it can improve their reputation.”

Bashor said, “Community Service can help the community in many ways, oftentimes there’s organizations that may not be able to fully hire people to do some of these jobs so volunteering helps them out and still be able to provide services to the community.” 

Freshman Decelia Bray said, “I feel good about Community Service because I like helping people out and I would volunteer to do Community Service because I feel like it could help with my future.” She continued, “I think it changes people’s lives because it can give them better experiences or opportunities and it can either make their life better or worse.” 

Sophomore Lance Anderson said “Yes, I think that it changes their lives for the better because they benefit themselves. Community service makes me feel great because people get experience to help others and can make them better people.” He continued, “I think community service can clean out the world and change people and communities for the better.” 

Overall, Community Service is a big help to the environment and future generations. Community Service can continue to grow positively and affect the minds of people interested in the topic.