The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

S and J Trucking, Inc

Luca Review

Luca+Review

The 2021 Disney and Pixar film Luca, starring Jacob Tremblay as Luca and Jack Dylan Grazer as Luca’s friend Alberto is about two sea monsters that create a very strong friendship and they explore many adventures. Although they have had the most amazing summer with many journeys, flying scooters, and pasta, their kind is from another world not too far along from the surface where they are yet to be discovered.

Freshman Cortez Shepard said, “I enjoy it because it’s an interesting story and it’s about how he has to hide out as a person, but really he’s a sea creature and everyone thinks he’s a monster.”

Freshman Paige Stacey said, “Yes, I do because Luca’s very entertaining and I love their friendship they build overtime. One of my favorite parts is when he meets the girl because it’s very funny with the people he encounters, but my favorite character would be the girl’s dad.”

The movie Luca celebrates the art of friendships and the way people fear other people that aren’t like them. Luca is an inspirational and adventurous movie that expresses goofiness and problem solving. 

“Don’t be afraid to actually show yourself,” Shepard said. 

“I think it’s about friendship and understanding other people before they judge you,” Stacey said.

Overall, the idea of Luca is the differences in some people that others may not consider like themselves and the reactions of facing the world with surrounding anonymous people. Luca is best described as a wanderer that experiences many different people and places.