The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Glow Boutique

How Long Has Music Been Trending?

Music is something that’s always trending.It’s almost everywhere you go and most people go to music to calm themselves.Music is a therapy you can make with lots of things but requires creativity.Common music genres include, Pop,Country, Rap, Metal, Rock, Hip Hop, R&B, Reggae and more. I’m only going to review pop, country, and rap. 

Music can have many different effects on people, like most people they love all of the different genres and they help when they’re sad or they can help when you’re happy.They can also help when you need something to hype you up before a game.

Bristen Wuller said, “I don’t really listen to pop but hearing it makes me feel upbeat and wanna dance.I love country music because it gives out true meanings.” 

He continued, “I do like rap music because I like the way it sounds and it makes me feel hyped up and it also gives me motivation.” 

Mylee Maddox said, “I would say that pop just has a good beat to it.”It makes me happy.” In country music it has so many amazing emotions in it and makes me feel joyful.”

She continued, “Rap makes me feel pumped up when I’m working out or cleaning.”

Pop is a modern form of music and it’s influenced by social media in many different ways.

Country music draws inspiration from many different musical traditions and it traces its roots from the southern United States. 

Rap Music is a musical style where everyone that is singing it is rhyming words at a fast pace. 

Overall these three genres have been trending between the 1940s to the 1990s and if you haven’t heard any of these genres you should consider giving them a listen and sharing them with people you know who may not have heard them.