The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

2023-2024 School Year is Coming to an End

As you all may know we only have a month left of school until we head into summer break.

For many, this will be exciting because they can be planning what they want to do for summer, but for seniors this will be their last month as a Great Bend High School student. This year, they’ll start to think about the things they will miss and people they are going to miss once they graduate and move on to college. 

Senior Jalynn Rule said, “I’m excited and nervous to leave. My plan after I graduate is to spend two years at Barton and then transfer to K-state for architecture. School goes fast every year and only gets faster.” 

She continued, “I will miss the teachers and the atmosphere of the high school, I’ll miss how fun it was.” 

This school year has gone by so fast and for some it may feel like we just started school and then others might feel like it’s been long and boring and as we approach the end we all start to think about how we are going to spend our summer. 

Freshman Jackson Leiker said, “I think I’ll have a lot more time to relax, I definitely feel like this school year went by fast and I will miss my friends for sure. 

As for Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors they should figure out what they are doing after high school or where they are planning to go to college. Many would say that if you start thinking about what you want to do by your sophmore year it’ll help you know where you want to go by the time your senior year comes around. One of the many ways to start planning is by talking to your counselor, teachers, and maybe even doing some research.