The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

S and J Trucking, Inc

Panther Student Juggles Two Sports at Once!

Can you imagine being a varsity athlete for two sports at once? Well, Great Bend High School senior Mackenzie Premer, started her very first season of cross country this year on varsity! And Premer is not only running cross country but also playing varsity volleyball!

Mackenzie Premer, a senior at Great Bend High School is quite the known athlete in our school. She runs track during the spring, plays volleyball during the fall, and is now running her very first cross country season as a varsity athlete! 

When interviewing her fellow runner and classmate Addy Nicholson, I asked her how she feels that Premers involvement in both teams has affected the cross country team to which she answered “I think it’s put a lot of pressure on her but I do think that she’s handling it well, she fits in both teams, I think she’s a great asset”. 

I then asked if she feels that Makenzie’s commitment has inspired the team to work harder to which she answered “I think that having another senior who especially just joined this year has definitely improved our spirits and inspired us to become better”. 

As you can see varsity athlete, Mackenzie Premer, has not only been a great asset to the volleyball team but to also the cross country team. Being on both teams can be very stressful but she is handling it well and both teams are very grateful to have her.