The student news site of Great Bend High School

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Panther Tales

Thank You

Thank you to the following businesses for supporting the Great Bend High School Journalism programs.

Live Action Moana Movie Next Summer

Drawing by: Alyvia Grabast

June 17th, 2025 is the release date for the live action Moana movie. There are many Moana lovers out there, but how would they feel about a live action Moana movie? Real life places, animals, objects, even people like Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and possibly Zendaya playing the main part. The people would look slightly different but would that make the movie better?

Sophomore Yarlene Granados said, “I am excited to see it because it seems very interesting and it’ll be good to see.”

Senior Liam Profitt said, “I think it would be a good movie. It sounds like it’s fun.”

In the original Moana, some polynesian people are particularly a fan of the movie because of the tradition and cultures celebrated. However, an animated series of Moana will be available on Disney Plus in 2024. The movie will focus on Moana’s future adventures whereas the live action will focus on the original movie.

“I enjoy the normal Moana movie a lot and I would recommend the original movie because it’s a really good adventure movie and it has a lot of nice detail and backstory,” Granados said. 

“I enjoy the original movie a lot. It’s really good. I would definitely recommend the Moana movie because I think Moana is inspiring,” Profitt said.

Some people are excited about Zendaya possibly playing as Moana. Zendaya, an actress and singer, has been led by fan speculations to be Moana from viral fan-made trailers.

Granados said, “I would be excited to see her play as Moana. I think she’d be good.”

“I think it’ll be good,” stated Profitt.

However, Disney has not yet announced who will play as Moana. 

They said, “Granted, Zendaya would absolutely add to the 2025 films star power. But it’s highly unlikely that Disney is considering the Dune:Part Two star for the role.”

Moreless, it’s a rumor that fans want to come true. But that doesn’t mean the live action Moana movie would be any less appealing, Zendaya or not. Come see it, June 17th, 2025.